iOS and Android Developers sign up with our service, create a team, invite team members, add the team members' devices to their application build (this still has to be done via Apple's provisioning on the Developer Portal), upload to TestFlight and magically distribute. It is that simple. Developers still have to build the app, however.
For a Developer
- Sign up with TestFlight and create your team.
- Invite and gather the UDIDs from the team members and add them to your Apple Developer Portal and provisioning profile for the app.
- Build the iPhone Application (.IPA) or Android Application (.APK) and upload to TestFlight.
- Distribute the build to team members and let the magic happen.
- Receive feedback, monitor tester's activity and perform a full fledge beta test from the comfort of your chair. Developers on teams can also upload multiple apps for testing/internal distribution.
- Integrating the TestFlight SDK will further the data collected from your testing phase (Currently iOS only).
For a Tester
- As a tester using TestFlight, you can either be invited, recruited or just sign up.
- Once you sign up with TestFlight and login to the dashboard for the first time, you will be asked to connect your device, allowing developers to access the device's Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or have the ability to install Android apps on your device.
- Once you have successfully connected the device to your account and have been accepted to a team, the developer will have to add the UDID to the application, so that you can install it on your device.
- Once the developer uploads a build you will receive an email through TestFlight, from the developer, with a link to install the build.
- Follow the instructions in the email, click on the link, download the build to your device, and you will be ready to begin using the app.
This is just scratching the surface of TestFlight offers. Learn more about by searching help.testflightapp.com.